Reflecting back on my post yesterday, I remembered that I forgot to talk about my quest to get free Mandarin! In a jiffy, I was successful and I did get to eat at Mandarin for free. If you want the long story, continue reading.

So, it was July 1st - Canada Day. I left the house at around 11:30 a.m. to meet my cousin who is in Grade 10 and was standing in line for 2.5 hours already. She told me that she was tired and that we should be in the first batch of people that they bring in. Well, an hour passes by and we've moved all of around 5 feet. This was probably due to the fact that all of these black people just came out of nowhere. Black teenagers just swarmed and cut in line and the police didn't do anything about it. Members of the line often argued their point, but they were just no match for the over exaggerating black teenagers who lied about already being in the line.

Another hour passes and it's 2:00 p.m. She starts to text Kristen Que / Christel Sison back and forth because, apparently, they were in the line as well. Unfortunately for them, we were way ahead of them. After a couple of texts, Cathleen's cell phone dies of battery and we were stranded in the line. The line continued to accumulate more and more people - black people - and it starts to get cramped. I just wanted to punch someone in the face at this point.

After pushing and shoving our way to the front, we finally get seated at 4:02 p.m. The wait was definitely much longer than I expected, but I think it was worth it. I had fried rice, spicy chicken, crispy chicken, garlic bread, pizza, apple pie, vanilla ice cream, red / orange jello, etc. That's all I can think of at this point, but yeah. It was definitely worth it. What else was there to do at home anyway? There was surprisingly nothing much to blog about.

On our way out, look who it is. The mint girl from last time. I remember her, I thought she was pretty hot. Not gonna lie though, she was looking at me. I didn't say anything to her though... maybe next time. Probably not though. Oh well. I have my girlfriend already, she's kind of cute - just kind of.

Picture source: Panoramio